INNOVATION IN MACHAKOS UNIVERSITY
Machakos University boasts of being the most innovative hub/institution in Kenya having won a trophy in this category, at the just concluded African Public Service Conference. The University, represented by 8 Student Innovators, took part in the African Public Service Conference which was held from 21st to 23rd June 2019 at KICC. The team beat other contestants and emerged winners thus being awarded a trophy. They were commended for their originality, scope, thematic compliance and solution orientation as regards to Kenya’s challenges.
The innovations showcased included:
- Electronic voting system (EEVU) by Abisalom okoth, Charles Maina and Moses ongwenyi;
- SMART Hinges door alarm by David Wafula;
- Interoperability in Healthcare system by Gladys kaburu, Osebe Elizabeth and Virginia Ndirangu;
- Livestock Insurance and animal Healthcare by Kakuko Muketi;
- 5-Axis CNC Machine by Maxwell Ondari;
- The King’s Pyramid by Victor karume and Emmanuel Matara;
- Millet Thresher machine by Jasper Kaloli;
- Fairgram by Ambrose Oyamo.
Participants at MksU stand
These innovations had earlier been adjudicated and submitted to the African Public Service conference by a team from NACOSTI and the Ministry of Public, youth and gender officials. The conference was officially opened by His Excellency the Governor, Nairobi County, Hon. Mbuvi Sonko.